Thursday, July 4, 2019

Van Campens Glen Falls: Missing from Wikipedia!?

Earlier this week my dog and I ventured out to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area for a hike at one of our favorite spots, Van Campens Glen Falls. While I found plenty of information online regarding the falls before our trip, I did not realize until later that info on the area was entirely missing from Wikipedia!

While this may seem somewhat unimportant to the average Wiki user, I found it particularly odd since Wikipedia has a page dedicated entirely to the waterfalls of the Delaware Water Gap and Van Campens Glen Falls wasn't on it! So I decided to take matters into my own hands. 

"Van Campens Glen Falls is the terminus of the Lower Van Campens Glen trail hike near Walpack, NJ. The top of the falls features a deep, large pool that cascades down a slanted rock face. The areas surrounding the upper pool require extreme caution as this area has been responsible for numerous accidents and deaths in years past."


Above is a look at the Wikipedia page before our addition...


and now a look after! 

Thankfully, we made our addition and are keeping a close watch to see if it is deemed worthwhile and remains in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment