Monday, July 1, 2019

Tomorrows Road Trip: Waterfalls at the Water Gap

Tomorrow my dog and I will be embarking on a solo day journey to the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Center for some hiking, eating, photography and most importantly, fetch. We'll be hiking on the New Jersey side of the river, at a trailhead known as Van Campens Glen, though there are an abundance of trails on the Pennsylvania side as well. 


To prepare for our own trip, I did a little research regarding what to expect, as a slightly longer trip really requires proper preparation. I made sure it would be alright to bring my dog, mapped out some backroads to hit on my way there, and finally, checked out the trail itself. Above is a video from NJ.com of the crown jewel of this short hike, Van Campens Falls, about a mile walk through a vast forested gorge.

Check back tomorrow for a full recap of our trip to Van Campens Falls, complete with full day itinerary as well as current tips and suggestions if you are planning on visiting the park in the near future. See you tomorrow for the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment